BBO Heart of England - Community MattersCommunity Matters is a 3 year project to help at least 2800 people across the Black Country to move into work, training or job search. Community Matters is designed to help people who are furthest away from the labour market and who face the toughest challenges.
The COMMUNITY MATTERS project is part of the Building Better Opportunities grant funded by The Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
At Access to Business we are supporting at least 385 clients throughout the Black Country area over the next 3 years. Our main aim is to help both unemployed and economically inactive clients by offering levels of support either at our centre as well as out within the community. Every client will receive dedicated one to one support with a qualified Employment Advisor where an agreed client journey will be planned out. This support includes a wide variety of employability skills including;
• Improving general confidence and self esteem
• Addressing barriers
• Encouraging clients in making job searching a bigger priority in their lives
• Pursuing pathways into both volunteering and accredited training
• How to really enhance your CV and increase your chances of getting that interview
• Helping around improving their basic IT skills
• How to shine at the interview stage
• Exploring effective methods in finding employment
• Career advice and job direction
Simon Moore, Operations Manager at Access to Business said of the project “We are all delighted here at Access to Business to be working alongside Heart of England and other partners on the delivery of the Community Matters project by providing clients furthest away from the labour market with a wealth of support.”